ArtSMART – Call for Auditions
This program engages HWDSB students in the production of a full-scale musical, in partnership with Theatre Ancaster. Young actors in the program will be able to sing, dance, create, and act while earning four credits towards their diploma, including two co-op credits. Students will be enrolled in specialized courses in theatrical production and musical theatre. Classes are enriched by partnerships and workshops by local artists. Opportunities are also available for students interested in set, prop, and costume design, lighting and technical support, as well as backstage roles. To be eligible, applicants will be:
- 15 years of age or older;
- will have successfully completed at least eight credits;
- will submit all required application information by the due date; and
- will attend an online audition.
The program is located at Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School. Students from other HWDSB schools will attend Sir Allan MacNab for their second semester.
Auditions will be held at Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School from September 27th to 29th between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application package to set an audition time.
How to Apply
- Poster: ArtSMART Auditions – Fall 2022
- Complete the ArtSMART Digital Application here
- Have a teacher complete the Teacher Reference form
- Send your completed package along with a current resume to email@example.com
- Applications are due by September 26, 2022
Note: For the teacher reference, students may email or phone their specific teacher in order to obtain the information from them. Their response can be added to your submission or they may email in their own time.