Please fill out the attached Return-to-School After Illness OR Self-Isolation Form (Covid Attestation Form) and email to email@example.com or print off and send with child / ren on day of return.
Public Health COVID Decision Guides and Screening
Parents are asked to call School Messenger at 1-844-506-4350, use the SchoolMessenger app or the website go.schoolmessenger.ca to report all COVID-19 symptom related absences. Please refer to the Public Health Symptomatic Guides and Daily Screening Tool listed below for instructions for reporting COVID-19 symptoms:
Please see the following highlights from the latest HWDSB COVID-19 Update for Trustees:
COVID-19 continues to weigh heavily on our mental health. Student mental health and well-being supports, including access to social workers, are available. Learn more about treatment groups and other resources at www.hwdsb.on.ca/mentalhealth
Enhanced Public Health Measures
Screening for COVID-19 symptoms and staying home if ill remain key strategies to reduce the risk and potential spread of COVID-19. Families must screen their children for COVID-19 every day before going to school/childcare.
Confirmed case communication
Parents and guardians will receive timely communication when there is a confirmed case associated with your child’s school. When there is a confirmed case, expect to hear terms like close or casual contacts. You may also be asked to have your child self-isolate; learn How to Self-Isolate.
Practices are being established and shared about Communications to expect after a confirmed case of COVID-19. Some include:
- Students may be held back from dismissal should public health notify us about a confirmed case within this timeframe. Students will not be allowed to ride the school bus.
- A school administrator will personally notify families of a close contact child. A School Messenger phone alert may be used if the call volume is more than one class and/or if the contact is late in the evening, in which case, a School Messenger call will be made.
- Notification to the broader school community will be done through School Messenger as late as 9:30 p.m. or as early at 6:45 a.m. with a letter posted on the school website.
- Multiple cases in a school does not always mean a school outbreak. Direction is provided by Hamilton Public Health Services in declaring an outbreak at a specific school location.
- Private information or identifiers including grade, gender, names of confirmed cases will not be shared.