Hello grade12’s. Commencement is fast approaching.
Grad gown pick-up is on FRIDAY JUNE 2 from 8:30am -12:00 in the Library Learning Commons. We also have a special treat for you 🙂. If you cannot make it, you can send someone on your behalf.
Also, if you are not intending on attending Commencement on Monday June 5th, please return your two tickets to Mrs. Moon in Student Services.
Class of 2023 Commencement
HWDSB has announced that we are celebrating the Class of 2023 with a commencement. Please note that a commencement is different than graduation. At commencement, all grade 12’s are invited to celebrate the end of high school and exciting next step into post-secondary learning. This means that we aren’t handing out diplomas, awards, or announcing honour roll. Everyone is invited – even if you aren’t graduating this June.
For those grade 12’s who are graduating this year, winning an award, or being named to the honour roll, we will prepare a package for you at the end of the school year, once final grades are collected (details on how to receive your package TBD).
Commencement Letter from the Principal
Please attend our commencement assembly on Monday, April 3, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. in the auditorium. Important topics to be covered include:
- Graduation awards (July pick up)
- Valedictorian nomination process
- Commencement caps and gowns
- Volunteer hours
- Prom tickets
- Full Disclosure
- Student voice for commencement ceremony
If you missed Monday’s assembly, please review the powerpointand shared materials below:
- Student Prom Contract 2023
- Grad Award Information Sheet 2023
- Commencement Reminder Sheet (dates and deadlines)
- Nomination packages due on April 17 at 3:00 p.m. E-mail submissions only – please review the steps in the Self-Nomination Form (below)
- Package must contain “My Pitch” and the Teacher Reference Form, both in .pdf
- On May 1st, students will be asked to read aloud a 4-minute (max) excerpt of their actual valedictorian speech and conclude with their 1-minute (max) “pitch” (Why the class of 2023 should vote for you)
- The winner must work with a teacher to refine their speech and have it approved by June 2nd
Updated on Wednesday, May 31, 2023.