Are you pregnant or parenting?
Are you 21 or younger?
Need to complete your High School Diploma?
Need child care?
We are here to help!
Grace Haven offers young pregnant and parenting moms looking for a flexible school alternative help them earn their Ontario Secondary School Diploma with the support of the Salvation Army staff.
Our school program offers:
- Three HWDSB teachers to provide students with a range of course options including:
- English, Math, History, Geography and a variety of other compulsory and elective courses
- The OSSLT and literacy course
- Guidance through the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition process
- Support with co-op transition
- Application support to Post Secondary Schools.
The Salvation Army offers:
- Free Child Care for your baby while you attend our school program
- Lunch and snack provided
- Prenatal classes instructed by a Public Health Nurse
- Ontario Early Years Centre
- Workshops on bonding with your child, provided by Hamilton Health Sciences
- Addictions counseling and support
- Chaplaincy services
- Residential services
- Links to a variety of programs, supports and community services
At Grace Haven, we are proud of our annual June graduation celebration in which we honour all of our students’ accomplishments, as well as our graduates.
- Can earn multiple scholarships and bursaries
- Celebrate everyone’s achievements, no matter how big or small
- Receive medals and awards for various accomplishments, even for those not graduating
- Celebrate with family and friends, who are encouraged to attend and participate
- Have their babies honoured at our graduation
- Have their art, as well as the art their children created, showcased
- Are always excited to watch the slideshow we create of the pictures of their babies, and classroom activities.
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
That’s my mom: Grace Haven teens get their high school diplomas
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact us:
138 Herkimer Street
Follow us on Twitter:@GHavenSchool
Find us on Facebook: Grace Haven