- Be patient with yourself and those close to you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and get enough rest.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, consider taking a break from the news and social media.
- Provide children with age-appropriate factual information.
- Please reach out to the school if support is needed.
- Mental health and well-being programming during summer 2020
- Student Mental Health Supports (HWDSB graphic)
A great summary of where to turn for help in mental health crisis, and when concerns are urgent or non-urgent.
- Supporting Child and Youth Mental Well-being During COVID-19 (HWDSB resource)
A background document that helps families answer the question, “How can I support my child or youth if they are struggling during the COVID-19 closure?”
- How to support student mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic (School Mental Health Ontario)
Tips from the provincial body supporting school boards on mental health, in an infographic format.
- Self-Care 101
Practical tips for taking care of yourself during a challenging time (School Mental Health Ontario)
- FACE COVID eBook – by Russ Harris, FACE COVID Infographic, FACE COVID Video
Resources to support the FACE COVID initiative, which creates a handy acronym spelling out tips for handling the crisis.
- Community Services – Basic Needs During COVID-19
A summary of where our community can turn for social service supports at a challenging time.
- COVID-19 Updates
This is the HWDSB web page where all board updates on COVID-19 are posted, including letters to families and sources of reliable health information.
- 17 Totally Normal Things to Feel Right Now
There is no “right” way to handle this, according to therapists.
- CMHA Hamilton – Mental Health Week Toolkit for Families
A collection of tips and activities for families, from The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CMHA) Hamilton.
- HWDSB’s We Help web page – for more mental health and well-being supports.
Updated on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.