Hamilton Public Health Services will inform HWDSB of a positive or probable case for COVID-19.
Close contacts will be contacted by a principal either by a School Messenger notification or a personal phone call.
Important instructions are provided to close contact students:
- To protect the student’s privacy, we do not disclose their name.
- All students exposed to this individual are considered close contacts. The cohort includes the name of their class, bus number and/or name of the before-and after-school care.
- Your child should not come to school.
- Your child needs to self-isolate for 14 days from their last exposure to the person who tested positive. They should be tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible, whether they have symptoms or not. You and anyone living in the home are asked to stay home except for essential reasons while your child is self-isolating. Essential reasons include: going to work or school, getting groceries, and attending medical appointments.
- If your child becomes ill, they should get tested for COVID-19. All household members must also quarantine at home until your child’s COVID-19 test result comes back. Hamilton Public Health Services (HPHS) will contact you to provide further direction.
- You can book a test online: www.HamiltonCovidTest.ca
- HPHS will contact you directly, however this may take several days. We ask that you follow these instructions while you await their call.
For reference on how to self-isolate, see the Factsheet_How to self-isolate.
If you have any questions, please call the COVID line at 905-546-2424 ext. 6706.