Update (June 6): With the announcement that we will continue remote learning for the remainder of the year, there will be no additional school-based asymptomatic clinics occurring in June. Asymptomatic testing will continue to be available at pharmacies across the province.
HWDSB, in partnership with Hamilton Public Health Services, support voluntary testing of asymptomatic students and staff in Hamilton. Based on guidance of the local health authority, testing will take place at select schools in our district.
Asymptomatic testing will make it easier to track and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in schools. It may also inform public health decisions and help to manage outbreaks. In some situations, additional testing will be offered outside of the scheduled asymptomatic testing clinics. Hamilton Public Health Services (HPHS) helps us determine when additional testing would be beneficial including whether it is necessary during an outbreak.
Upcoming Voluntary Asymptomatic Testing
- to be determined
Students and staff from those school communities will be invited to participate in the testing.
COVID-19 Testing in schools can help protect students and their families, teachers, staff, and the broader community and slow the spread of the virus. The molecular COVID-19 swab test uses polymerase chain reaction (PCR)/nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) technology to detect genetic information from the virus. If present, it indicates an active infection. LifeLabs is offering PCT/NAAT swab testing in schools in order to screen for and slow the spread of COVID-19. LifeLabs requires consent: English_ConsentSign Consent (signature line); French_Consent (signature line)
- LifeLabs – Covid-19 Testing in Ontario Schools
- Media release (February 12, 2021): Targeted rapid COVID-19 testing at two Hamilton schools this weekend
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health
- Ontario Health
- Hamilton Public Health Services
Previous Clinic Dates
- February 26 at Saltfleet (10:30 am – 7:00 pm) – 108 Highland Road West, Stoney Creek – Complete
- March 5 at Orchard Park (10:30am – 7:00pm) – 200 Dewitt Rd., Stoney Creek
- March 12 at Bernie Custis (11:30am – 7:00pm) – 1055 King Street East, Hamilton
- March 19 at Saltfleet (10:45am – 7:00 pm) – 108 Highland Road West, Stoney Creek
- March 26 at Nora Frances Henderson (11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) – 1770 Upper Sherman Ave, Hamilton
- April 7 at Bernie Custis (11:30 am – 7:00 p.m.) – 1044 King St E, Hamilton, ON L8M 1E1
- April 7 at Westdale Secondary School (11:15 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) – 700 Main St W, Hamilton, ON L8S 1A5
- April 15 at Nora Frances Henderson (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) 1770 Upper Sherman Ave, Hamilton
- April 21 at Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School, 11:15am to 7:00pm – 145 Magnolia Drive Hamilton, Ontario L9C5P4
- April 21 at Bernie Custis Secondary School, 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., 1044 King St. E., Hamilton, ON L8M 1E1
- April 22 at Westdale Secondary School, 11:15 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. – 700 Main St. W., Hamilton ON L8S 1A5
- April 28 at Ancaster High School, 11:15am – 7:00pm – 374 Jerseyville Road West Ancaster, Ontario L9G3K8
- April 28 at Westmount Secondary School -11:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – 39 Montcalm Drive Hamilton, Ontario L9C4B1
- May 5 at Sherwood Secondary School, 11:30 a.m. – 7:00 a.m. and Hill Park Learning Centre at Sherwood, 25 High Street Hamilton, Ontario L8T3Z4
- May 12 at Glendale Secondary School (11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ) – 145 Rainbow Drive, Hamilton
- May 17 at Nora Frances Henderson (11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) – 1770 Upper Sherman Ave, Hamilton
- Tuesday, May 25 at Bernie Custis Secondary School (11:00 am – 7:00 p.m.) – 1044 King St E, Hamilton
- Monday, May 31 at Sir Allan MacNab Secondary School (11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) – 145 Magnolia Drive Hamilton