Science Department Head:
Mr. B. Roddie (Biology)
Science Assistant Department Head:
Ms. A. Cook (Chemistry)
Other Department Members:
- Dr. T. Bulmer (Physics)
- Dr. J. deCatanzaro (Biology)
- Ms. N. Elder (Physics)
- Mr. T. Groves (Chemistry and Biology)
- Mr. B. Holmes (Physics)
- Ms. K. Mendelsohn (Biology)
- Ms. D. Millar (Chemistry)
- Ms. C. Moore (Chemistry)
- Ms. D. Pankerichan (Biology)
- Ms. T. Rosebery (Physics)
- Ms. K. Stark (Biology, Earth and Space Science)
- Mr. J. Tole (Chemistry)
- Ms. M. Younes (Biology)
Information for Parents
Your child is able to access resources and information for their respective Science class using their HWDSB “the Hub” account. To access the Hub, please click on the following link:
A blend of practical work and theory. Students build up their laboratory skills and have opportunities to use computers both for simulations and laboratory interface activities.
Students are encouraged to become self-motivated, self-directed people. They manage their own laboratory time and take tests as they are ready for them. Creative presentation skills are encouraged.
This provides students with skills that will benefit them in higher education institutions and in the workplace.
Senior students compete in the following local and national competitions:
- University of Toronto National Biology Competition
- International Brain Bee
- Avogadro and Chem 13 News Exams
- Da Vinci, Sir Isaac Newton, Ontario Association of Physics, McMaster Engineering Olympics
- ASM (Canada) Camp
- Women in Engineering Workshop – Shad Valley
Note: Grade 11 College Biology and Workplace as well as Grade 12 College Chemistry, Physics and Science will be offered but will only run if there is sufficient enrolment.