For some Westdale specific information, here is the PowerPoint from the Westdale Post Secondary Pathways Assembly (October 2016):
OUAC Application Procedure
Students require a PIN which will be available in Student Services by the end of November.
January 11, 2017 is the latest date to submit completed on-line applications to OUAC.
Students should apply well before the deadline to avoid internet slowdowns. The OUAC website requires one of the newer version web browsers.
Go to www.ouac.on.ca -> (OUAC 101) Current Ontario Secondary School Students
From here you can:
- View the tutorial for On-Line Application, found under Quick Reference.
- View the On-Line Application Companion Booklet 101. This booklet lists the OUAC codes. You will need a code for each program you wish to select.
Before you start you will need:
- Your PIN, school number, student number (obtained from Mrs. Harvey at lunch or after school).
- A valid email account.
- Social Insurance Number (is not mandatory now but will be required by the university for registration and for OSAP).
- Your program choices and the OUAC code for each university/program choice.
- A Visa or Master Card number, including expiry date if you plan to pay online. Fee is $150.00 for thee choices. Each additional choice is $50.00. You can enter no more than three program choices at any one university.
Ready to apply:
Access the 101 on-line application.
- Enter School number, Student number and PIN. Note PIN number is case sensitive. Enter it exactly as you were given.
- Follow the prompts.
- Check the accuracy of your Account Information and report any errors to your Guidance counselor. You are responsible for the accuracy of this data including grades, course codes, current courses and any courses you are taking through night school, online or through correspondence.
- Once you have completed the application, print a copy for your records.
- Print the screen displaying your OUAC reference number.
- Change your PIN to a password following the prompts. Keep this password!! You will need it to make any changes and to accept an offer.
- Once payment is received you can use your OUAC reference number and new password to access the on-line Review and Change Your Completed Application.
- Students are responsible for reviewing and changing their application data.
- Keep email addresses up-to-date with OUAC for correspondence.
- February 1, 2017 last day to make changes to your application.
- Universities may commence making conditional offers as soon as they determine that they have received sufficient academic and application data; offer dates will vary by university and program.
- Applicants accept or decline offers of admission using the “Review and Change Your Completed Application” system online.
- February-April Early offers sent out after Semester one final marks are received.
- End of May Majority of offers sent out after Semester two mid-term marks.
- All offers are conditional upon student maintaining the required marks until the end of the semester.
Other Resources to Consider:
- How to use EINFO
- How to accept a University Offer of Admission online
- 5 ways to find out if you are ready
- Help Choosing a University in Ontario
- Help Choosing a University in BC
- Help Choosing a University in the Atlantic
- Help Choosing a University in the Prairies