Code of Conduct, Agreements & Norms
Sir William Osler School
Code of Conduct
We believe all members of our school community will feel safe, included and accepted. We accomplish this when we are respectful, responsible citizens who engage with others and our environment in creative, meaningful, and safe ways.
To do so, we agree to:
I will show RESPECT by:
- Treating one another with dignity and respecting the rights and differences in people, their ideas and their opinions;
- Being kind and courteous towards my peers, staff and community members;
- Showing proper care and regard for school property and the property of others;
- Honouring people’s personal space by keeping my hands and my feet to myself.
I will show commitment to growing to my FULL POTENTIAL by:
- Coming to school prepared, on time and ready to learn;
- Following the procedures, routines and norms of the school and learning spaces;
- Always trying my best;
- Accepting and using suggestions for improvement;
- Sticking with all tasks (even the challenging ones!).
I will show I’m RESPONSIBLE by:
- Showing pride in myself, my work and my appearance;
- Taking responsibility for my actions;
- Using technology and social media ethically and effectively for learning;
- Solving problems and resolving conflict peacefully and thoughtfully;
- Promoting the prevention of bullying and violence.