How to volunteer? We need you!
SWO and HWDSB recognizes the invaluable role that our volunteers play in supporting student achievement and well-being. Your volunteer expertise enriches and expands learning opportunities for our students.
We need you! Welcome to returning Volunteers and NEW Volunteers.
We are very fortunate to have many volunteers supporting students and their activities at Sir William Osler.
HWDSB has a Volunteer Policy in place that requires volunteers to update their information each year they wish to volunteer before they begin volunteering.
Returning Volunteers & New Volunteers:
Please review this checklist:
- All volunteers will need to provide the school with a current (within 6 months of issue) Vulnerable Sector Police check every three years.
- All volunteers will need to submit a completed Volunteer Information Sheet and participate a brief interview to learn about school procedures.
- All volunteers will have to sign an Offence Declaration in years that a new Vulnerable Sector screen is not required.
- All volunteers will have to sign a Volunteer Agreement every year.
- All volunteer drivers will have to complete a Volunteer Driver Agreement every year.
If you have any questions, or if would like to renew or become a volunteer for this year, please contact the office at 905 628 1588.
Want more information? Check out: HWDSB Volunteers in School.
NOTE: All of volunteers must have a Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
All volunteers in HWDSB schools MUST provide a new Vulnerable Sector Screening every three years.
In order to receive the volunteer rate for the Vulnerable Sector Screening, please pick up a volunteer letter in the office.