APRIL Newsletter and Calendar
As we approach the month of April, I am shocked at how quickly the school year has flown by. With only three (3) more months left, I find activities and school trips tend to increase. As a result, I encourage both parents and students to watch the calendar closely to not miss out on an upcoming event. As a helpful reminder, I am attaching the April newsletter, along with some other community flyers.
As always, if you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Tuesday, April 4th
* Jump Rope for Heart Kick Off Assembly
* Scholars (for those who are registered; parent pick up is 4 p.m.)
Wednesday, April 5th
* Pizza Day ($2)
* Scholars (for those students who are registered; parent pick up is 4 p.m.)
Friday, April 7th
* Popcorn Day ($2)
REMINDER – Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten registration has already begun! If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to register at your earliest convenience. HWDSB schools are exciting, enriching places for young learners to receive an education. They learn to explore the world around them, solve problems, and make new friends. Our Kindergarten Program helps students get off to the best possible start. Your child will be challenged and encouraged to do his or her very best. Our caring educators are with them every step of the way! Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is proud to announce that Kindergarten is available for four-and five-year-old students at schools in September. (Registrations forms can be found at http://www.hwdsb.on.ca/earlyyears/kindergarten/#Register.)
|Kindergarten | Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
Help your child prepare for the Kindergarten experience: Be responsive and positive – listen to your child; Talk, read, and sing to your child on a daily basis
Your child can attend HWDSB Kindergarten if they are…
- Age four or five by December 31st (Kindergarten attendance is optional); or
- Age six by September 1st (full-time school attendance is required).
What to bring to registration?
- proof of status in Canada, i.e. Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Refugee, etc.
- proof of age
- proof of address
- guardianship/custodianship documents (if applicable)
- immunization records – for City of Hamilton Public Health Services
- health card number – optional
- Completed Student Registration Form– Please note that the form cannot save to your computer with your completed information, please fill in the content and print.
Just a friendly reminder…It is a Board policy to ensure each and every child arrives to school safely. As a result, we ask that you please keep us informed if your child will be absent due to illness, an appointment, vacation plans, etc. Our phone lines are open 24-hours a day, and you can leave a detailed voicemail message at any time by calling (905) 561-0814.
Have a wonderful weekend!