2017/2018 School Council meeting dates – 7pm in school library
Thursday September 19th – 7pm
Tuesday November 21, 2017 – 7pm
Tuesday February 20th – 7pm
Thursday March 22nd – 7pm
Tuesday April 17 – 7pm
Tuesday May 22 – 7pm
Chairs: Margaret Reid & Lee Austin
Roles and Responsibilities
1.1 The School Council shall act in an advisory capacity to the principal and to the Board and/or senior staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Board and of the Education Act and Regulations.
1.2 In addition to its advisory responsibilities, the School Council shall:
• promote the best interests of the student body, school and community
• establish its goals, priorities and procedures
• determine the need, and organize information and training sessions to enable members of the Council to develop their skills as Council members
• hold a minimum of four meetings per year (all meetings. shall be open to members of the school community)
• communicate regularly with parents and other members of the community to seek their views and preferences with regard to matters being addressed by the Council, and to report on the activities of the Council to the school community,
1.3 In all School Councils, parents and guardians shall form the majority, except in adult day schools, where parent positions shall be held by students. It is expected that the membership of the Council will reflect the diversity of the school community.
Meetings are held every 3rd Tuesday in the Saltfleet Library at 7:00 p.m.
All parents are welcome.