Final Decision – West Hamilton
Trustees approved the following motion on June 5, 2017:
- That Hess and Strathcona close pending Ministry of Education funding for HWDSB’s portion of the Community Hub project. New school boundaries identified in the map titled Map #1 ‐ Revised.
- That HWDSB seeks partnerships to redevelop the Sir John A. Macdonald site as a Community Hub centred around a new JK‐8 elementary school.
- That a Community Hub proposal is presented to the Board of Trustees for approval no later than December 2017.
- That all schools remain open failing the creation of a Community Hub on the SJAM site.
- That Bennetto introduces a French Immersion program (grade 1‐8) in September 2018, commencing with grades 1‐3. New French Immersion boundaries identified in the map titled Map #1‐Revised.
- That HWDSB communicate with the City of Hamilton and all preferred agents identified in Ontario Regulation 444/98 in a timely and transparent manner to maximize the reuse of school property for community benefit.