East Hamilton City 2 Final Decision
Trustees approved the following recommendation for East Hamilton City 2:
- Elizabeth Bagshaw, Glen Brae, Glen Echo and Sir Isaac Brock be closed pending Ministry of Education funding for a new JK-8 elementary school on the Glendale campus and that boundaries between the new Glendale campus school and Sir Wilfrid Laurier be modified.
Trustees also approved additional recommendations for both East Hamilton City 2 and Lower Stoney Creek as outlined below:
- A boundary review be undertaken between Lake Avenue and Green Acres upon Ministry of Education approval of the business cases submitted for both accommodation review areas.
- The French Immersion program at Glen Echo (grades 1-5) and Glen Brae (grades 6-8) be relocated and staff balance the enrolment between a new program to be located in East Hamilton upon consultation with stakeholders and a new program to be located in Lower Stoney Creek.
- Staff be directed to provide an update report based on the Ministry’s response to the funding requests for both East Hamilton City 2 and Lower Stoney Creek accommodation reviews.
- Staff be directed to explore any potential growth related needs due to new residential development
View the East Hamilton / Lower Stoney Creek Final Board Report for more information.