Here are some tips and resources to help you become more involved in your child’s success at school…
- Tips and Tools for Parents from the Ministry of Education
- Volunteer at your child’s school – you have skills that will be welcome!
- Attend a School Council or Home and School meeting – these are open to all parents, and are an important voice in the life of a school.
- Learn more about what’s happening across HWDSB in the Virtual Blackboard and other newsletters.
- The Ontario Ministry of Education’s approach to parent involvement and the Ministry’s 2012 PIC handbook
- Media and advocacy sites for parents such as Parent Central and People for Education
- Parent-related items on Trustee Judith Bishop’s blog All Children’s Potential
- A great document that collects Ministry parent engagement resources
- A primer on the Accepting Schools Act (Bill 13) for parents
- School Council materials – re: Constitution and Bylaws