Education is a partnership involving students, parents, teachers, principals, trustees, school boards, government, and the community. As a member of a Parent Involvement Committee, parents have an opportunity to strengthen this partnership and become part of a dedicated team committed to helping every student achieve.
Role of PIC Members
- Provide advice and feedback to the Board from a parent perspective
- Champion and demonstrate a commitment to parental engagement
- Contribute to productive meetings & participate in sub-committee work
- Represent broad parent interest in all committee activities
- Raise common parental issues of concern with the Board
- Provide assistance and support to parents as they navigate the various areas of the Board.
- Respond to requests for consultation on policy, programs and strategies
- Communicate with and support school councils
- Undertake activities to help parents support their children’s learning at home and at school