Applications for Parents Reaching Out Grants Now Open
Ministry of Education News Release
Ontario is helping parents get more involved in their children’s education by supporting local parent-led projects that encourage student learning and promote well-being.
Grant applications for the 2016-17 school year are now open and will be accepted until May 29, 2016.
In the 2015-16 school year, the province funded more than 2,200 projects that helped identify barriers to parent engagement and found local solutions to help more parents be engaged in their children’s learning. Projects included:
- Workshops and parent resources on mental health and well‐being, cyber bullying and healthy living
- Parent information sessions on strategies to support their children’s math learning at home and at school
- Family Science Nights to encourage parents to learn about science alongside their children
- Biidaaban Community Service Learning program to support Indigenous adult learners and their families.
Encouraging parents to get involved in their children’s education is part of the government’s economic plan for Ontario and deliver on its number-one priority to grow the economy and create jobs. The four-part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic and innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- Apply for a 2016-17 PRO Grant
- Last year’s approved projects
- Tips and tools for parents to get involved
- Resources for parents in different languages
- More tips and resources at tvoparents.com