Important Letter for French Immersion Parents Regarding Program Location
On Monday, February 26, 2018, the Board of Trustees reviewed plans for the relocation of French Immersion from Glen Echo and Glen Brae to the schools named in the East Hamilton – Lower Stoney Creek French Immersion Boundary Review.
After careful consideration of feedback provided through the public consultation process, Trustees have approved the following:
- French Immersion students currently attending Glen Echo and Glen Brae will remain at Glen Echo and Glen Brae until June 2020
- French Immersion students attending AM Cunningham (Gr. 1-5) will continue at AM Cunningham and attend Glen Brae (Gr. 6-8) until June 2020
- After June 2020, all French Immersion students attending Glen Echo and Glen Brae will relocate to the new sites identified through the East Hamilton – Lower Stoney Creek French Immersion Boundary Review for September 2020
- New East Hamilton FI Schools – Parkdale (Gr. 1-5), WH Ballard (Gr. 6-8)
- New Lower Stoney Creek FI School – New School at Eastdale Site (Gr. 1-8)
- Newly accepted Gr. 1 French Immersion students living within the new East Hamilton (Parkdale) and Lower Stoney Creek (Green Acres/Eastdale) French Immersion catchments will attend Glen Echo for the 2018-19 school year
- Gr. 1 French Immersion will continue at Glen Echo until June 2020 and be relocated to Parkdale and the new school at the Eastdale site by September 2020.
Please read the complete Letter for more information.