Use the resources on this page to assist in transitioning from high school to post secondary.
Click here for a list of visiting Colleges and Universities: College and University Information Schedule
Applying to College?
- How-to-Apply-to-College-checklist-1-3 This is a checklist to use while navigating the ontariocolleges.ca application. All applications are due February 1, 2019.
- How to Apply to College Overview
- The above link is a complete overview about how to apply to college in Ontario.
Applying to University?
Use the document above, “How to Apply to University – checklist” as a reference sheet to apply to Ontario universities using OUAC’s online application system. To complete this application, you must have your letter from guidance that lists your PIN. Letters are available for pick up in the guidance office. You do not need an appointment; any staff can give you your PIN. Applications are due January 16 2019.
- Complete OUAC booklet outlining the application process:
- Check out the video tutorial “Apply Online” for step-by-step instructions:
- Spring 2018 College/University Open Houses
Responding to an Offer from a University:
A video tutorial for online responses is available on our website. This video demonstrates the steps required to respond to a university offer of admission.
May 29, 2019: Target date to receive a response (offer, refusal or deferral) from an Ontario university for applications received by the January deadline.
June 1, 2019: Response deadline.
To Respond to an Offer of Admission Online
1. Log in to your online application.
2. Click “Choices/Offers” to view your offers of admission.
3. Click “Offer” or “Alternate Offer”.
4. Click “Accept” to accept the offer (or “Decline” to decline the offer).
5. Click “Review and Submit” and follow the instructions.
6. When you successfully complete the Submit process, you will immediately receive a confirmation number online. You will also receive the confirmation number by email along with a summary of your responses to offers of admission and/or changes to your application information. Note that your response will show as “Unsubmitted”. Do not worry, you successfully submitted your response. Once your response is processed and you are able to log back in to your application, you will see “Accepted” beside the program you accepted.
7. Keep this email for your records.
Important: If you do not immediately receive a confirmation number, your response was not saved. You must log back into your online application and re-submit your response.
After You Submit Your Response
After you submit your response to a university offer of admission, you will be locked out of your online application for one business day. After one business day, log back in to your online application to ensure that “Accepted” is displayed beside the program you accepted.
Contact Applicant Services: 519-823-1063
Monday Wednesday and Friday:
9:30 am 4:15 pm (ET)
Thursday: 10:00 am 4:15 pm (ET)
Considering an Apprenticeship?
The above link outlines the various paths towards becoming a journey person and being qualified to work in the trades. Please see a guidance or coop teacher to further explore these options.
OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) Information
OSAP workshop will take place May 2018. You cannot apply for OSAP until you accept an offer from a post secondary institution.
General OSAP information, including an OSAP estimator, is available at the OSAP website: https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal