9:00 AM - 3:20 PM
Visit our child care website.
Elaine Pilgrim-Susi - 905.388.1677 | Email Elaine Pilgrim-Susi
SuperintendentLaura Romano - 905.527.5092 x 2622 | E-mail Laura Romano
TrusteeWes Hicks - 905.383.2222 | E-mail Wes Hicks
School Council Chairs
Our School Council is chaired by members on a rotating basis.
Administrative Office Staff
Mountview Public School is located in the Mohawk/Magnolia area of the West Mountain.
Currently Mountview follows a “Balanced Day” timetable with 2 – 40 minute Nutrition Breaks.
We offer full-day, every day Junior and Senior Kindergarten programs. The Umbrella Child and Family Centre provides on-site before and after-school care.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Leveled Literacy Intervention-Orange, Green, Blue and Red levels
- Focused and Directive Intervention relative to our Data Analysis
- Primary Reading Intervention Specialist for Grade JK-1
- Parent Volunteers
- Book Fairs
- Comprehensive Literacy
- Problem solving approach for Mathematics
- Differentiated Instruction
- DRA to monitor ongoing progress
- Book Room to support Balanced Literacy
- Daily Physical Activity
- Hatch Coding Club
- Inter-school teams – baseball, volleyball, basketball
- Intramural sports activities
Before/After School Program or Activities
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Swim Team
Our School Plan
- Improving student achievement through providing students with ongoing, descriptive feedback based on posted success criteria
- Examining assessment data in school teams to determine focused and strategic “next steps” in programming for student improvement
- Timely and tiered interventions, supported by a team approach, respond to individual student needs and well-being.
- Differentiate instruction to help meet the needs of all our learners
Positive School Climate
Mountview is a “Tribes School” where we support each other through the promotion of kind actions and a strong sense of community. We use the term “Filling Buckets” to describe what we expect of students. By filling buckets we mean that we are helping others with considerate actions so that others are filled with a positive feeling.
Safe Schools Policy requirements are in place
- Peanut Safe School
- Safe Arrival Policy
Parent & Community Involvement
Partnerships with :
- Neighbour to Neighbour Food Drives-December and March
- Terry Fox Run for cancer Research
- Christmas donations to Ronald McDonald House
- Me to We Clean Water fund
Active School Council, supportive of improving student achievement and community involvement in the school
- Developing and Maintaining School Gardens
- Volunteer recruitment
- School Council Volunteer support:
- Pizza Day Distribution helpers
- Nutrition snack cart preparation and delivery
- Classrooms helpers
- Library helpers