8:30 AM - 2:50 PM
Melissa McCormack - 905.679.4145 | Email Melissa McCormack
SuperintendentMichael Prendergast - 905.527.5092 x 2626 | E-mail Michael Prendergast
TrusteeAlex Johnstone - 905.515.7082 | E-mail Alex Johnstone
School Council Chairs
- Allyson Brave
- Sharon Reichheld
Administrative Office Staff
Mount Hope School is situated near the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport. It has strong community ties and parent involvement. Our school serves students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 who live in the surrounding rural and new neighbourhood. We are proud of the accomplishments of our school and community. We have many leadership opportunities that help our students learn that working together creates a school that is an open and inviting place. Our vision is to provide a safe, secure and clean environment for students to learn. For more information, please visit our school website.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- For information, please contact our Learning Resource Teacher.
- Squirrel Idol: For the past several years we have had a talent show with all of the bells and whistles of the real Canadian Idol. Our students have had the opportunity to show off their talents to their peers. One of our winners has recorded the national anthem which we use each morning for opening exercises.
- Junior Squirrel Idol: Our junior students have had the chance to perform in the same way as our intermediate students have.
- MS Read-a-Thon: This fundraiser is organized to encourage the students to Read while raising money for Multiple Sclerosis.
- Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart: This yearly activity encourages students to skip or play basketball to raise money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Terry Fox Day: Each year, we raise money and exercise as a group. This activity raises money for a great cause and the students also get exercise.
- Our staff is a supporter of the United Way fundraising program.
- Monthly food Days: Organized by the School Council, they raise funds while providing healthy hot meals for the students.
See below for some examples of extra programs that are offered at the school.
Before/After School Program or Activities
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Mad Science Program
- Talent Show (Squirrel Idol / Junior Idol)
- Swimming Program
- 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
- School Newspaper (Student Writing Project )
- Animal Awareness Club
- Art Club
- Grade 5/6 Overnight to Toronto
- Grade 6 Winter Muskoka Trip
- Grade 7 Ottawa TripGrade 8 Muskoka Trip
Parent & Community Involvement
Our parent community supports our school in many different ways. Some examples are supporting classroom activities, acting as trip supervisors, helping with fundraising and serving as members of our School Council . Please let us know if you are interested in helping.