eLearningWhat's on this page?
Welcome to eLearning!
Welcome to the 2015-2016 eLearning School Year. We are very excited to begin working with you in this digital environment.
eLearning students require skills that include organization, self-direction, time management, problem solving, effective communication, responsibility, honesty and willingness to access textbooks (if required), a working computer and an Internet connection.
Getting started – how to log in to eLearning (video):
Last date to register for full semester courses is 10 days after the official start of semester course
2015-2016 Course Offerings
Students may earn Ontario high school credits online through the Hamilton Wentworth District School Board e-Learning program. Courses meet all curriculum expectations and standards and all courses are taught by fully qualified teachers in the District in collaboration with eLearning Ontario and the Ontario e-Learning Consortium.
To view eLearning course descriptions, please click on the Course Calendar quick link
Guidance counselors will:
- Register students at the Oelc eLearning registration site: www.elearningstudents.ca
- If a student has taken an eLearning course before, check their information under active SSeS student and proceed with registration. Be sure to select year 2015/2016
- All HWDSB students will be accepted to HWDSB courses and waitlisted for Out-Of-Board courses. Students will be accepted as space becomes available in Out-of-Board courses.
- HWDSB students upon admittance into an eLearning course will receive an email confirmation. E-mail confirmations will also be sent to guidance, eTeacher, School Data Administrator, and eRegistrar.
Quick Links and Resources
- Course Calendar
- eLearning Student Login (D2L)
- How do I Log in to my Course?
- What if my Word or PowerPoint files are too big to share?
For students attending an HWDSB school please see your guidance counsellor to register for an eLearning course.
For students who are not attending an HWDSB school, please contact Michelle Pollington(eRegistrar)
For adult learners, students out of school may contact the HWDSB Community and Continuing Education department for e-Learning courses – information and contact information is http://www.cce.hwdsb.on.ca
Currently Registered Students:
Please content Jennifer Belanger 905.561.2190 or email.