Mandatory Consequences Include
(Ontario Schools Code of Conduct, 2001)
Police will be involved, as indicated by the police/school protocol , and the student will be immediately suspended and proceed to an expulsion hearing for the following:
- possession of a weapon, including, but not limited to firearms
- trafficking in drugs or weapons
- sexual assault
- use of weapon to cause bodily harm, or to threaten serious harm
- physical assault causing bodily harm requiring professional medical treatment
- providing alcohol to minors
Immediate Suspension will be the minimum penalty faced by a student for:
- uttering a threat to inflict serious bodily harm
- possession of illegal drugs
- acts of vandalism causing extensive damage to school property or property located on school premises.
In these instances, police will be involved, as required, and conditions to return to school will be specified in accordance with school.
Parade of Champions:
Behaviours such as improvement in work or learning skills, punctuality in class, completion of homework, great social skills etc. may be rewarded with a Parade of Champions Certificate at the Primary, Junior and Intermediate levels.
Breakfast of Champions:
This special breakfast is held at the end of Term 1 and Term 2 to honour those students who have achieved an honours average overall at the Intermediate level. Invitations are sent out to the family of the recipients to join us in celebrating their success.
These incentives are given to students who demonstrate the ideals of what we expect students to be at Highview.
S ay no to bullying!
T ell the truth!
A chieve their best!
R espect others!
S ay kind things!
Updated on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.