9:00 AM - 3:20 PM
Visit our child care website.
Michael Castellani - 905.573.7731 | Email Michael Castellani
Gord Cook, Marissa Turner, Jennifer Burleigh
SuperintendentJeff Gillies - 905.527.5092 x 2361 | E-mail Jeff Gillies
TrusteeJeff Beattie - 289.339.9666 | E-mail Jeff Beattie
School Council Chair
- Mrs K. Legge
- Mrs. H. Tank
Administrative Office Staff
- Mrs. K Ashton (Office Administrator)
- Mrs. C. Mason (Asst Office Administrator)
Gatestone Elementary School is a beautiful, 2-story building that services Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 students. The school is located in a newly developed area of upper Stoney Creek, and the catchment area falls between Highway #20 to Second Road West and Mud Street to Rymal Road.
- School capacity is 630 – 650 students, Currently 595 students.
- Balanced Day Schedule
- 35 teaching staff, 7 educational assistants and 4 DECEs.
- Umbrella Day Care is located within the school, and it provides a ‘Before and After School Program’ as well as the daily program
Programs & Services
Student Sucess Supports
- Volunteer Reading Program (Grades 1 – 3)
- Home Reading Program (Grades 1 – 3)
- Empower Reading Intervention Program (Grade 2)
- Levelled Literacy Intervention Program (Grade 1)
- KLIIC language program (Kindergarten)
- After School Literacy Program (Grades 3 & 6)
- After School Numeracy Program (Grades 3 & 6)
- Physical Education Exemplary Program (Grades 3 – 8)
- Yearbook Committee (Intermediate)
- Basketball Teams (Junior/Intermediate Boys and Girls)
- Senior Basketball Tournaments (Boys and Girls)
- Junior and Senior Cross Country Teams
- Junior and Senior Rugby Teams
- Track and Field Teams (Junior/Intermediate)
- Dodge ball intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Soccer intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Basketball intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Indoor Soccer intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Floor Hockey intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Badminton Intramurals (Junior/Intermediate)
- Overnight Trips
- Camp (Junior/Intermediate)
- Montreal/Ottawa (gr 7-8)
- Talent Show
- Christmas and Spring Concerts
Our School Plan
Presented to School Council every year. Join us at this meeting to here all about it. If you have specific questions please contact the school.
Parent & Community Involvement
School Community – ongoing communication and collaboration with associate secondary school, Saltfleet Secondary School and neighbouring HWDSB elementary schools to enhance transitions practices
- School Council – very active with regular parent representatives and a fundraising sub-committee, meetings are held 8 times per year.
- Parent Representatives sit on all School Plan Committees.
- Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Reading Program
- Fundraising Initiatives
- Parent Information Sessions – Speakers, Curriculum presentations