ATTENDANCE, ABSENCES and LATES
Parents are asked to call the school at 905-648-4115 to report all student absences on a daily basis. Our answering machine is on 24 hours a day, to report an absence. “Clearly” state your child’s name, teacher’s name/grade and reason for absence. Once morning attendance has been taken, students arriving to school must check into the office to recieve a late slop. Parents who have not called the school to report their child’s absence will recieve a synrevoice call from our automated messaging system.
Cancellation of School and Board Operations – Due to inclement weather
HWDSB Hotline # 905-521-2535
The decision to cancel School and Board Administrative Operations is often a difficult call to make.
Please be assured that the decision to remain open or to close is always made with the safety and security of our students and staff in mind. School Boards across Ontario have varying policies about the cancellation of schools. At HWDSB, the cancellation of transportation is linked to the cancellation of School and Board Administrative Operations. The cancellation of transportation immediately triggers the closure of our schools. For more information on the Cancellation of School and Board Administrative Operations go to http://www.hwdsb.on.ca
Please remember, as a parent/guardian you always have the choice of whether or not to send your child to school in inclement weather.
Great Ways to Keep Up to Date with School News
Subscribe to Receive Updates from the Website as they are posted
Steps to subscribing to receive school updates
- Go to the “Subscribe” tab (top of webpage)
- Enter your email address
- In the 2 drop boxes below the school section, select the information you would like to receive from the School Board (this is not school specific information)
- Select the submit button (bottom of page)
- Very important: You will receive an email asking you to verify your subscription.
- Future communication from Fessenden School will come to your inbox in the form of notification that new information has been uploaded to the Fessenden website.