If your child is…
- Age four or five by December 31, Kindergarten attendance is optional.
- Age six by September 1, full-time school attendance is required.
Parents must register at their home school. Find your home school using our online School Finder, or call 905-527-5092, ext. 2391.
To register your child, please bring the following:
- proof of status in Canada, i.e. Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Refugee, etc.,
- drivers license
- proof of age
- proof of address
- guardianship/custodianship documents (if applicable)
- immunization records – for City of Hamilton Public Health Services
- health card number – optional
For more information, please click on the link for the HWDSB website – http://www.hwdsb.on.ca/kindergarten/
Kindercare and School Aged Child Care
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board also provides space for the YMCA and other non-profit organizations to operate child care programs in our schools. Please see the listing for more information regarding the variety of child care services provided. Click here to visit the YMCA Child Care page.