Awards & Bursaries
Rockton Agricultural Society ScholarshipsShow
Two Rockton Agricultural Society Scholarships ($1,500 each) are awarded annually to 2 graduating students who are continuing in Post Secondary Education or a Provincial Regulated Trade. Applications are available at:
Deadline May 25/17
James Bartleman Aboriginal Youth Creative Writing AwardShow
To be eligible you must:
- be 18 years of age or under
- self-identify as Aboriginal
- attend a school in Ontario
- be a permanent resident of Ontario
- be the author of an original creative writing piece (short story, poem, essay, play or song) that has not in any part been copied.
Phone #: 4163147526
Jean Lumb FoundationShow
Fraser Institute Student ScholarshipShow
- The contest is open to Canadian and foreign students, studying in Canada or abroad. A student is defined as someone who attends school in the 2016/2017 school year.
- Submissions will be considered from secondary and post-secondary (undergraduate and graduate) students in all disciplines.
- There will be three separate categories: high school, undergraduate, and graduate students. The category definitions are based on your status in the 2015/2016 school year; for example, if you are an undergraduate student from fall 2015 until spring 2016, you qualify in the ‘Undergraduate’ category.
- Entry must include a typed essay of 1,000-1,500 words, and a cover sheet including the student’s name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. High school students should include school and grade. Post-secondary students should include school, major, and year of graduation.
- Online entries may be submitted as a Word or a PDF document. Finalists will be required to send their essay as a Word document, if they have not already done so.
- Entries must include references cited from academic sources. Any academically acceptable referencing style may be used.
- The cover page, references and image/graph captions are not included in the word limit.
- Please note that if you are a finalist and include a graph in your essay, you will be required to send it to us in an Excel file with the underlying data in order that we can recreate it in house. If you want to include a previously published graph for which you do not have the underlying data, you must cite its source appropriately to prove that you have permission to reuse it.
- Entries may be submitted online using the application form above or by regular mail.
- If you have a foreign postal code or telephone number that is not accepted on the online application form, please write it in the Comments box, and use ‘X1X 1X1’ or ‘123-123-1234’ in the actual postal code or telephone number field.
- Entries may only be submitted once. Further submissions with revisions will not be accepted.
- Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest.
- Entries will be judged on originality, clear expression of ideas, and understanding of competitive markets.
- All entries become the property of the Fraser Institute. In addition to receiving cash prizes, winners may be published inCanadian Student Review once they have gone through the peer review process.
- The deadline is 5:00 pm (PST) on May 30th, 2017.
Maple Leaf Dentistry ScholarshipShow
1) Must be attending school at the undergraduate level in the fall of 2014 and can be enrolled in any year.
2) Must have contributed at least 100 hours of volunteer work over the last 2 calendar years.
3) Must process a GPA of 3.0 or higher in his/her last academic year.
Walmart Canada Community ScholarshipShow
The Walmart Canada Community Scholarship Program offers educational grants in the form of a scholarship to graduating high school students who aspire to continue their education at the
college or university level. A total of six awards will be given away, two per region: Eastern
Canada (Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I., Quebec), Ontario and Western
Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, Northwest
Territories and Nunavut).
The Community Scholarship is a $4,000 scholarship and is payable over four years.
- 20% High school transcripts (Grade 10 on wards)
- 20% Financial need
- 20% Extracurricular, volunteer activities and community involvement
- 40% Essay
Lincoln M. Alexander AwardShow
To submit a nomination for this award:
- Visit ontario.ca/honoursandawards
- Selection the category based on award type
- Click on Lincoln M. Alexander Award
- Download the PDF form
- Read the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully
- Fill out the form and submit it no later than May 31, 2017. Instructions for submitting your nomination package can be found on the website.
If you have questions, please call 416-314-7526, toll free 1-877-832-8622 or TTY 416-327-2391, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BBPA Network ScholarshipsShow
The following scholarships are available to students attending accredited Canadian universities or colleges who satisfy the eligibility criteria. Please refer to the overall BBPA National Scholarships eligibility criteria. Students attending universities or colleges outside Canada are not eligible.
Phone #: 4165044097