8:45 AM - 3:05 PM
Paul Clemens - 519.647.3471 | Email
SuperintendentJane Macpherson - 905.527.5092 x 2626 | E-mail Jane Macpherson
TrusteePaul Tut - 905.515.2473 | E-mail Paul Tut
School Council Chair
Administrative Office Staff
Mrs. Shelley McGuire
Dr. John Seaton School was built by the Beverly Township School Board and opened in 1969. It was named after a prominent physician who served this community from 1920 to 1959.
Dr. Seaton served this community not only through his medical practice but also as an active leader in promoting youth sports programs. In 1932, he co-founded the Ontario Rural Hockey Association.
Our school educates over three hundred students from JK to grade 8. Students from Beverly Central and some students from Queen’s Rangers join us in grade 6. This school was renovated two years ago when Sheffield School closed. As a result of the renovations, the school has a new primary wing, two intermediate classrooms, a computer lab and instrumental music room.
Seaton provides a complete range of subjects. There are specific facilities for library, physical education, visual arts, science, instrumental and vocal music. Computers in our classrooms and lab support learning across the curriculum. A resource room is available for students who require specific programs.
Our school enjoys the continuing support of our parents, volunteers, school community, School Council, local service clubs and a Home and School Association.
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Secondary School Orientations, Meetings
- Resource Room, full time resource teacher, several other staff involved with remedial programs, educational assistant, volunteers
- Early Success, Soar to Success, All Star Reading Programs
- Computers and software to assist with the reading / writing process ie. Drag & Speak, Write Aloud, Co-writer, etc.
- EQAO scores in Gr. 3 & 6 well above Board and Provincial results
- students participate in mathematics competitions (intermediate grades)
- Seaton aims to provide a well rounded education. We focus on respect, responsibility and results. Our motto is “work hard, play hard”
- Our EQAO targets this year are:
Reading: making connections, inference Writing: communicating ideas for specific purposes
Math: geometry and spatial sense
Reading: making connections, making judgments or conclusions
Math: patterning and algebra
- School and playground enhancements
- School Spirit – events, activities, assemblies, theme days, extra curricular activities
- Safe and orderly environment – bullying, conflict management programs
- Leadership opportunities for students – Leadership club
Parent & Community Involvment
- Festive Skate and Lunch
- Students participate in the Rockton Fair competitions
- Music Program support – Sheffield Lions, Rockton Lions, Lynden Lions, Lynden Legion, Westover Women’s Institute, Valens Community Centre
- Student support of charities: Flamborough Food Bank, Cancer Society, Jump Rope for Heart, Hoops for Heart, Community Clean up
- Parent Volunteers ie. Class rooms, reading programs, school events
- School Council
- Speakers and Presenters