Former HWDSB students can obtain a copy of their transcript of marks. You will need to provide photo identification, such as a driver’s license or health card, when making the request. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for processing, depending on demand. Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary.
Note: If you completed high school within the past year, please contact your school directly for a copy of your transcript.
Diplomas (Two Options)
My Former School is Open:
Graduates should contact their former school to obtain a copy of their High School Diploma. Please contact the former school for a request form and payment options. For school contact information, please view our Schools Listings.
My Former School is now Closed:
If the school has closed, graduates may obtain their high school diploma through the Assessment Centre by submitting the School Diploma Request form. Please allow 10 business days for processing. Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary. Please see below for payment options.
Transcript and Diploma Requests Payment Options for the Assessment Centre
Note: If your former school is still open, do not submit Diploma request and payment to the Assessment Centre
The Student Records Department is located in the Assessment Centre at 110 King St. West, Robert Thomson Building, Plaza Level Suite 606, Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4S6. Telephone: 905.521.2523
- Apply in person at the Assessment Centre and complete the School Transcript Request Form or the School Diploma Request Form.
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. Holiday and summer hours 8:30am – 3:00pm.
- Transcripts: $20 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing. Each additional copy is $5 if requested at the same time. Transcripts can be mailed or picked up.
- Diplomas: $30 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing. Diplomas can be mailed or picked up.
- Payment: Cash or money order (Canadian Funds), payable to: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (receipt will be provided)
- Please print and complete the School Transcript Request form and/or School Diploma Request form. The Transcript and Diploma Request Forms cannot be sent via e-mail as a signature and payment are required.
- Transcripts: Non-refundable payment in the amount of $20 must accompany request. Each additional copy is $5 if requested at the same time.
- Diplomas: Non-refundable payment in the amount of $30 must accompany request.
- Payment: ONLY money order (Canadian Funds), payable to: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (receipt will be provided)
- Mail: Send completed form and payment to: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board Assessment Centre – Student Records Department 110 King St. W Plaza Level Suite 606 Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4S6
Note: You may submit a transcript or diploma request through another party or have another party pick up your transcript or diploma by authorizing that person to act on your behalf. The authorized person must provide a signed letter of authorization from you, copy of your signed School Transcript or Diploma Request Form, and show photo ID.