At HWDSB, part of our effort to be more environmentally aware involves the way we share information with our communities.
Organizations and corporations frequently approach Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board and/our schools for permission to distribute materials via students.
Materials distributed must:
- be of educational or cultural benefit to students, support curriculum or extra-curricular activities for students, and align with the Board’s mission statement, purpose, policies and procedures
- be within the school district and is viable for attendance by our students or staff
- respect the Municipal Freedom of Information (FOI) and Protection of Privacy Act and the Education Act.
- be respectful of all faiths, races and ethnic backgrounds
- not be for personal gain, or be a private business or individual
- not promote a political, religious or faith-related group or belief
Preference will be given to materials from non-profit, charitable organizations in the City of Hamilton.
We use this digital flyer web page as a place to house flyers, instead of sending paper home. This continues to share relevant opportunities with our students and families.
An electronic copy of the materials (.pdf, .jpg or .png) will be requested to review. If approved, the electronic flyer will be posted here on our flyer distribution page.
Questions/Requests regarding the distribution of materials should be directed to:
905-527-5092 ext. 2411
Hamilton Basketball Association - REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2018-2019 SEASON!
Special Needs Dance Program- The Dance Ability Movement
PlanLocal Ward 2 Beautiful Streets and Spaces
Cheer Sport Sharks Recreational & Competitive All Star Cheerleading
Trike, Bike and Roll Rally - McMaster Children's Centre Fundraiser
Imagine in the Park Children's Arts Festival
Templemead Community Sports Baseball and Soccer Registration Dates
French immersion summer camp/Les petits Grands Lecteurs
Math for Moms and Dads (How to Tutor Your Children)
Online AQ Courses for Teachers - Trent University
* These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board, the Director of Education, or any of its schools or service departments.
* HWDSB will only facilitate the distribution of materials through our internal mail courier for HWDSB schools, the school board, the provincial government, municipal government (Public Health and elections information), and the federal government.