C. H. Bray public school was opened in 1953. It was named after Charles H. Bray, a councillor and school trustee. Sod turning for the new school took place on Feb. 23, 1953. The corner stone ceremony was well attended on Nov. 13, 1953.
Three additional classrooms and a storage room were built in 1954 because of rising enrolment. The first principal of C. H. Bray was Mrs. Matilda Blackwell (1953 to 1957). Mr. Gregory Clark was principal from 1958 to 1961.
On November 9, 1978, a time capsule was prepared on the occasion of the school’s 25th anniversary. The capsule, a red metalbox, was stored above the ceiling in the gymnasium at the south – eastern corner.
In the year 2003, 50 years after the school was opened, students opened the time capsule and enjoyed its contents.