ESL Literacy – Summer Program
We’re sorry but registration is now closed for CCE’s Summer NON-Credit Programs. Please check back in the Spring of 2018 for registration in next summer’s programs.
ESL students in grades seven to 12 are encouraged to join our ESL Literacy Summer program to strengthen their Literacy Skills this summer.
|Dates:||July 5 to 28, 2017|
|Times:||9:00 a.m. to noon, Monday to Friday|
|Locations:||Nora F. Henderson and Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary Schools|
- The classes are for CURRENT Grade 7-12 students as long as their English skills are no higher than ESLCO or Step Three
- Programs are at NO COST to eligible students
- Bus tickets are available to eligible students who live outside the catchment area of the summer school and require transportation
- The program is designed to make learning fun and engaging
- Good attitude, behaviour and attendance are expected of every student
- Students are encouraged to bring school supplies and nut free snacks and drinks each day
- Programs will run if there are sufficient numbers. There must be 12-15 students registered and attending the program
- Visa students, visitors and students who did not attend an Ontario school in 2016-17 may attend for a fee of $375. Fees must be paid in advance by cash or debit at the Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., statutory and board holidays excepted
- Confirmation of your student’s registration will be emailed in late-June. If you don’t receive the confirmation by June 27th, please contact the Hill Park Learning Centre for assistance at 905-561-2190
- Registration can be completed with your student’s Principal (Elementary Schools), Guidance Counselor or ESL Teacher. Non-HWDSB students, please contact the CCE Hill Park Learning Centre by calling 905-561-2190, for additional information.
- Registration for 2018 will be available in the Spring of 2018.