This program is closed to registration.
ESL students in grades six to 12 are encouraged to join our ESL Literacy Summer program to strengthen their Literacy Skills this summer.
|Dates:||July 3 to 26, 2019|
|Times:||9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday to Friday|
|Locations:||Nora F. Henderson and Prince of Wales|
Please check back in April for registration information.
Please see our “Register with CE” page for student registration requirements.
- The classes are for CURRENT Grade 6-12 students as long as their English skills are no higher than ESLCO or Step Three
- Programs are at NO COST to eligible students
- Bus tickets are available to eligible students who live outside the catchment area of the summer school and require transportation
- The program is designed to make learning fun and engaging
- Good attitude, behaviour and attendance are expected of every student
- Students are encouraged to bring school supplies and nut free snacks and drinks each day
- Programs will run if there are sufficient numbers. There must be 12-15 students registered and attending the program
- Visa students, visitors and students who did not attend an Ontario school in 2017-2018 may attend for a fee of $375. Fees must be paid in advance by cash or debit at the Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., July and August 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., statutory and board holidays excepted
- Confirmation of your student’s registration will be emailed in late-June. If you don’t receive the confirmation by June 27th, please contact the Hill Park Learning Centre for assistance at 905-561-2190
- Registration can be completed with your student’s Principal (Elementary Schools), Guidance Counselor or ESL Teacher. Non-HWDSB students, please contact the Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre by calling 905-561-2190, for additional information.
Updated on Wednesday, March 27, 2019.