HWDSB Elementary Strings Instruction Program
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board’s Strings Instruction Program is offered through Continuing Education. The Strings Program provides an opportunity for HWDSB students in grades 4 to 8 to learn to play violin or cello. This program is a fee-for-service program and fees are payable at the time of registration.
The elementary Strings program is a great place for HWDSB students to start if they are considering participating in the Secondary Strings programs at Glendale (available to all HWDSB Secondary School students), Delta or Westdale. Parents have a variety of options for enrolment for their children. These lesson options can also be complemented by registering for Orchestra as well.
Registration for our 2018-2019 program is now available:
Important Dates – 2017-2018 Program Year:
- Week of April 16-20 – make up lessons – not a regular lesson or Orchestra week.
- Dress Rehearsal for Year End Concert – May 30th at Nora F. Henderson – a detailed schedule will be in the spring newsletter.
- Year End Concert – June 6th, Show starts at 7 p.m. at Nora F. Henderson Secondary School – Details about volunteer and student arrival times, tuning and warm up rooms etc. will be provided in your Spring newsletter. Strings students should arrive by 6 p.m..
- June 1-7, 2018 – last week of lessons for 2017-18.
- Registration for 2018-2019! AVAILABLE NOW – Please complete the online registration and return your child’s payment BY MAIL to the CCE Hill Park Learning Centre.
For additional program information:
Please feel free to connect with the Strings Administrator, Lorraine, at 905-561-2190 ext. 4770 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate now to support the HWDSB Elementary Strings Program
(choose Strings Program – Elementary School from the drop down)