[Skip to Content]
Continuing Education

HWDSB Student Records

A+ A-

Effective Friday, August 24th, the HWDSB Records Department is located in the Continuing Education office at the Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L9A 4K6


This process is to be used if your last Elementary or Secondary school you attended in Ontario was an HWDSB School.

If your last course was taken through Continuing Education please go to http://www.hwdsb.on.ca/cce/transcript-requests/


Former HWDSB students can obtain a copy of their Ontario Student Transcript.  You will need to provide photo identification, such as a driver’s license or health card, when making the request. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing, depending on demand. Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary.

Diplomas (Two Options)

My Former School is Open:

Graduates should complete the Records Request form – the Records Department will validate that you are graduate and your diploma will be processed by your prior school.  Once your diploma is ready for pick up AT YOUR PRIOR SCHOOL, you will be contacted.  For school contact information, please view our Schools Listings.

My Former School is now Closed:

If the school has closed, graduates may obtain their replacement High School Diploma through the Records Department by submitting the Records Request FormPlease allow up to 3 weeks for processing.  Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary. Please see below for payment options.


  • Transcripts: $10 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing. Each additional copy is $2 if requested at the same time.
  • Diplomas: $30 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing.  NOTE – Records only processes replacement diploma requests for students whose Secondary School is closed – see above.  If you are a graduate, your Transcript will indicate that you are a graduate – usually an actual copy of your diploma is not needed for employment purposes.
  • Copy of OSR (Lawyers): $50 per request, cost includes courier charges in Canada
  • Pick-up of documents is available at Hill Park Learning Centre for NO CHARGE
  • Courier to each Canadian destination: $15.00
  • Courier to each International destination: $20.00
  • Requests from other School Boards for transcript to enable student to re-engage: no charge

Transcript and Diploma Requests Payment Options

Requesting your own documents:

  • The HWDSB Student Records Department is located at the Hill Park Learning Centre, Continuing Education Office, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario L9A 4K6, Phone 905-561-2190, Fax 905-561-2582, Email cce@hwdsb.on.ca
  • You can either apply and pay:
    • In-Person by completing the Records Request Form, validate your ID and make your payment at Hill Park Learning Centre, OR
    • Remotely, by completing the Records Request Form on-line (provide ID on-line) and pay by money order in advance
  • Once the form is submitted, you will automatically be provided a copy of your responses via e-mail to the address you provided
  • If you have completed your application remotely; within one business day, you will be contacted by staff of Continuing Education/the Records Department to confirm the amount owed – payment must be received before your request will be processed.
  • Please allow up to 3 weeks from receipt of payment and verification of identity for processing.
  • Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. Holiday and summer hours 8:30am – 3:00pm.  Closed on Statutory and School Board holidays (March Break and Christmas/December Break)
  • Payment (in-person): Cash or debit at Hill Park Learning Centre by you or an authorized person
  • Payment (remote): Remotely, payment can be made by money order (Canadian Funds), payable to: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (receipt will be provided) or complete the and attach the Credit Card Form to your Records Request to pay by Visa or MasterCard
  • Send payment by mail if you’re paying by money order: Mail to: Student Records Department, c/o Continuing Education, Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L9A 4K6
  • PLEASE NOTE – we DO NOT send documents to OCAS, OUAC, Universities or Colleges on behalf of students.  Copies will be sent by courier to the student who will be responsible to forward the original documents.

3rd Party Requests:

  • Follow the procedures above to make your request
  • School boards or other 3rd party/lawyer must provide a signed Waiver for Release of Information from the student in order for a request to be completed.
  • Payment: please follow payment instructions as above.

Records Request Form
(do not use this form if your last course was through a Continuing Education program)

Note:  You may submit a transcript or diploma request through another party or have another party pick up your transcript or diploma by authorizing that person to act on your behalf.  The authorized person must provide a signed letter of authorization from you and show photo ID at time of pick-up.

Updated on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Back to the top