Effective Friday, August 24th, the HWDSB Records Department is located in the Continuing Education office at the Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L9A 4K6
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF REQUESTS, WE DO NOT ACCEPT REQUESTS FOR DOCUMENTS / RECORDS BY FAX OR EMAIL – PLEASE COMPLETE THE REQUEST FORM BELOW
This process is to be used if your last Elementary or Secondary school you attended in Ontario was an HWDSB School.
If your last course was taken through Continuing Education please go to http://www.hwdsb.on.ca/cce/transcript-requests/
Former HWDSB students can obtain a copy of their Ontario Student Transcript. You will need to provide photo identification, such as a driver’s license or health card, and payment when making the request. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing, depending on demand. Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary.
Diplomas (Two Options)
My Former School is Open:
Graduates should complete the Records Request form – the Records Department will validate that you are graduate and your diploma will be processed by your prior school. Once your diploma is ready for pick up AT YOUR PRIOR SCHOOL, you will be contacted. For school contact information, please view our Schools Listings.
My Former School is now Closed:
If the school has closed, graduates may obtain their replacement High School Diploma through the Records Department by submitting the Records Request Form. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing. Also note that processing times during July and August, March Break, and December holiday break may vary. Please see below for payment options.
Ontario Student Record
If you have been out of school for 5 years or less, and require information from your OSR (other than a transcript), please contact the HWDSB Assessment Centre by email at OSRrequests@hwdsb.on.ca or by phone at 905-521-2554.
If you have been out of school for more than 5 years and require information from your OSR, please complete the Records Request Form.
- Transcripts: $10 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing. Each additional copy is $2 if requested at the same time.
- Diplomas: $30 non-refundable fee must be paid prior to processing. NOTE – Records only processes replacement diploma requests for students whose Secondary School is closed – see above. If you are a graduate, your Transcript will indicate that you are a graduate – usually an actual copy of your diploma is not needed for employment purposes.
- Copy of OSR (Lawyers): $15 per request for courier costs in Canada, plus $.20/page (International courier fees $20)
- Pick-up of documents is available at Hill Park Learning Centre for NO CHARGE
- Courier to each Canadian destination: $15.00
- Courier to each International destination: $20.00
- Returned courier packages will be subject to a $15.00 return fee and an additional courier fee to send the documents back out to you
- Requests from other School Boards for transcript to enable student to re-engage: no charge
Transcript and Diploma Requests Payment Options
Requesting your own documents:
- The HWDSB Student Records Department is located at the Hill Park Learning Centre, Continuing Education Office, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario L9A 4K6, Phone 905-561-2190. Requests are NOT ACCEPTED by fax or email.
- You can either apply and pay:
- Once the form is submitted, you will automatically be provided a copy of your responses via e-mail to the address you provided
- Payment and confirmation of ID must be received before your request will be processed.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks from receipt of payment and verification of identity for processing. Processing times will be longer over Winter and March Breaks.
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. Holiday and summer hours 8:30am – 3:00pm. Closed on Statutory and School Board holidays (March Break and Winter/December Break)
- Payment (in-person): Cash or debit at Hill Park Learning Centre by you or an authorized person
- Payment (remote): Remotely, payment can be made by money order (Canadian Funds), payable to: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (receipt will be provided) or complete the and attach the Credit Card Form to your Records Request to pay by Visa or MasterCard
- Send payment by mail if you’re paying by money order: Mail to: Student Records Department, c/o Continuing Education, Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L9A 4K6
- PLEASE NOTE – we DO NOT send documents to OCAS, OUAC, Universities or Colleges on behalf of students. Copies will be sent by courier to the student who will be responsible to forward the original documents.
3rd Party Requests:
- Follow the procedures above to make your request
- School boards or other 3rd party/lawyer must provide a signed Waiver for Release of Information from the student in order for a request to be completed.
- Payment: please follow payment instructions as above.
Records Request Form
(do not use this form if your last course was through a Continuing Education program)
Note: You may submit a transcript or diploma request through another party or have another party pick up your transcript or diploma by authorizing that person to act on your behalf. The authorized person must provide a signed letter of authorization from you and show photo ID at time of pick-up.