FASTtrack– Adult Day School Program
The FASTtrack Program is designed for adult learners, 18 to 21 years of age and out of school, interested in developing computer skills, upgrading their academic skills, and completing their secondary education.
FASTtrack provides the opportunity for students who’ve recently left High School with minimal credits to achieve a number of High School Credits through the Mature PLAR* process. At the conclusion of the program, students will have a credit total of at least 17 and can have as many as 20 or more. For many students, successful completion of FASTtrack will leave only a small number of credits to be achieved in order to fulfill the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
This program provides a structured learning environment. Credit courses are offered during the day and operate in five (5) sessions of six (6) weeks.
Students complete one credit per session and spend the balance of the school day building the skills required to successfully complete their PLAR tests, receiving extra support on their course materials or completing a second credit using Independent Study course materials.
Session Dates 2017-2018 (6 weeks per session)
|Session 1||September 7 to October 30, 2017|
|Session 2||November 2 to December 22, 2017|
|Session 3||January 10 to March 1, 2018|
|Session 4||March 6 to May 3, 2018|
|Session 5||May 8 to June 27, 2018|
Time: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Sites: KING WILLIAM Learning Centre – 225 King William St, Hamilton, ON (3rd Floor)
HILL PARK Learning Centre – FASTtrack and “Next Steps” class – for LEAP Program participants with infants and toddlers
- Initial Information Meeting for all prospective students
- Intake A – Transcript, pathway setting
- Intake B – Academic Assessment – Literacy & Numeracy (Grade 10 level)
- Intake C – Final Counseling Session – Pathway Decision
How to Register
Contact the Hill Park Learning Centre at 905-561-2190 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an Intake Meeting. Students must bring the following documents to the intake and/or credit assessment meeting (whichever they do first):
- High School transcript
- Canadian birth certificate or immigration status
- One piece of photo I.D.
NO FEES: No book deposit is required but a replacement cost will be collected for all lost or damaged textbooks.
|Mature PLAR* A – Academic Upgrading||Acquire all Grade 9/10 credits (Up to 16 credits)|
|Mature PLAR* B – Gr. 11/12 Equivalency||Acquire Senior Credits (Up to 10 more credits)|
|Complete remaining Credit Courses||Must complete last 4-8 credits|
* PLAR Process (Prior Learning, Assessment and Recognition) requires adult students to write assessments (Grade 9/10 credits) and/or provide evidence of credits achieved through experience gained as adult since leaving school (Grade 11/12 equivalency credits). Students must be 18 years old and out of school for one year in order to be eligible for the PLAR process.
Ontario Works Registration Process
All clients must inform CCE staff upon registration of their status as Ontario Works Clients. A form is sent to your worker for approval to enter the program.
Call now to book your intake meeting, 905-561-2190