Co-op (Work for Credit)
Work for Credit, Adult Education – September to June Program
Cooperative education is a structured method of combining secondary education with practical work experience. A cooperative education experience, commonly known as “co-op”, provides elective or compulsory group 1-3 credits for structured work experience.
The HWDSB Community and Continuing Education offers the Work-For-Credit Co-op program to already employed students with significant work experience, the opportunity to earn credits at their current employment.
- Student must be over 21 years of age
- Need 4 credits or less (must have earned or currently be earning grade 12 English)
- Employed full-time for more than one year with the same employer
- Employment must relate to a course the student has already earned
- Student must complete a credit assessment at Assessment Centre
- Participate in an entry interview with Co-op teacher
- Provide an up-to-date resume, references and employer’s consent
- The student must complete 110 hours to achieve one coop credit.
- Students are also exposed to 15 hours of pre-placement activities, ongoing monitoring and assessment at the worksite in conjunction with a formal training plan, discussions of workplace experience and a final evaluation
- Work for Credit – Fall 2017 to Spring 2018 – Program Information
- Skill Summary Questionnaire
- Work for Credit Application-Form
Call 905-526-9337 ext 241 to see if you are a candidate for the program.