Nominations are now open for the Reverend John C. Holland Awards
Established in 1996, the Reverend John C. Holland Awards awards celebrate the rich cultural heritage of the community, with a particular focus on the contributions of African Canadians to the social, economic, and cultural life of our entire city. Each year the Hamilton Black History Committee joins with the wider community to celebrate the achievements of youth and acknowledge the contributions of community members. These awards have become one of the premier events in our community and a valued symbol of achievement.
Scholarships and bursaries are awarded for the purpose of pursuing studies at a post-secondary or trade institution. Applicants returning to High School are not eligible.
- Applicant must identify as being of African descent
- Applicant must be 16-24 years of age, (or as otherwise specified) at the time of the application deadline
- Applicant must have an academic average of at least 70 per cent
- Applicant must have demonstrated a commitment to service in their school and or community
- Applicant must be attending/returning to a post-secondary or trade institution in the 2019/2020 academic school year
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or Convention refugee and, the City of Hamilton must be their principal residence
Application deadline: Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Learn more: www.johnhollandawards.com