School Lunch Hour – 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Students eat lunch in classrooms.
11:00 am – 11:20 am: Students eat lunch in classrooms with their homeform classmates.
11:20 am – 12:00 pm: All grade 7 & 8 students are on the playground for outdoor recess.
Tuck Shop- 11am-11:20 am: purchase of nutritious snacks.
Pizza/Sub Days- Tues./Thurs. – order through Cash On-Line
- Bring nutritious lunches in unbreakable containers,
- Remain seated and behave with courtesy and respect,
- Eat with proper table manners and talk in an appropriate indoor voice,
- Request permission to leave for washroom or Tuck Shop by supervising teacher,
- Pack up lunch and dispose of all garbage,
- Await supervising teachers’ permission to be dismissed from classroom,
- Tuck in chair and exit classroom in an orderly manner heading to locker to prepare for outdoor recess.
Outdoor Recess Expectations
- Remain on school property during lunch recess and respect the boundaries
- Always ask the teacher on duty for permission to come into the school and check back in with the teacher upon return to the playground
Leaving School Grounds for Lunch
In order to leave school grounds during lunch time, students must bring a written note to the office upon entering the school at 8:30 am.
- Permission must be given on a per event basis. Global notes of permission are not acceptable.
- Notes must include date, destination, and parent signature.
- Students must exit through the front doors and walk in the neighbourhood only. Walking through the neighbouring school field is not permitted.
- Students are to remain in school uniform throughout the day, even when off grounds, understanding that their behaviour in public is a reflection of ASPS.
Any student who leaves school property without parent permission is in violation of the school code of conduct.