Role of a School Council
School councils have a legislated role at their schools and are there to ensure the best possible education for students. Our school councils are comprised of democratically elected representatives of our parent community.
- focus on student learning and the best interest of all students,
- provide a forum through which parents and other members of school communities can contribute to improving student achievement and school performance,
- make recommendations to the school principal and the Board on any matter they see impacting accountability and academic excellence and serve as a communication and information channel between the school and community
Get more information on the role of a school council.
Welcome to the Ancaster Senior School Council
As a school council member, you can help your council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in your school.Meetings are the third Wednesday of each month, in the Learning Commons at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Your participation can make a difference.
All are welcome!
2018-2019 School Council Executive Members
SC Chair- Kelly Kimpton – firstname.lastname@example.org
SC Secretary- Revolving
SC Treasurer- Charmaine Underwood-Graham
Teacher Rep – Al Boyan email@example.com
Principal – Jenny Seto-Vanderlip firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 School Council Meetings:
Oct. 16/18 Oct 2018 Meeting Minutes
- September 20, 2017 September School Council Minutes
- October 18, 2017 October 2017 Agenda
- November 15, 2017
- January 17, 2017 January 2018 Agenda
- January School Council Minutes
- February 21, 2017
- April 18, 2017
- May 16, 2017
Resource: School Council Handbook