8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Jenny Seto Vanderlip - 905.648.4439 | Email Jenny Seto Vanderlip
SuperintendentJane Macpherson - 905.527.5092 x 2626 | E-mail Jane Macpherson
TrusteeAlex Johnstone - 905.515.7082 | E-mail Alex Johnstone
School Council Chair
Mrs. Karen Barasch
Home & School Chair
Mrs. Karen Barasch
Mrs. Jenny Seto-Vanderlip
Administrative Office Staff
Mrs. Joanne Lewis
Programs & Services
Student Success Supports
- Dedicated Learning Resource
- Teacher-Advisor Program
- Subject Specialist Teachers
- Study Hall- Lunch recess
- Transitions Team: Fessenden, Rousseau, Queens Rangers, C.H. Bray
- Senior to Ancaster High School, Sherwood High School (French Immersion)
- Shared Instructional and Assessment practices through team planning and Teacher Moderation
- Red Maple Reading Program
- Reading Club
- Grade 6 “A Day in the Life” Transitions day- June
- Award Winning Instrumental Music Program
- School-wide collaborative focus on Global Warming
- Math Olympics Ontario Finalists
- McMaster French Language Competition Participant
- Baseball (4 teams)
- Cross Country
- Flag Football
- Swim Team
- Intermediate Swim Team
- Volleyball (4 teams)
- Basketball (4 teams)
- Indoor Track
- Track and Field
- Intramurals: Floor Hockey, Volleyball,
- Student Council
- Wall Climbing/Belaying Club
- Office Helpers
- Tuck Shop Helpers
- Pizza Helpers
- Tech Helpers
- Art Club
- P.A. Announcements Team
- Recycling Club
- Math Club
- Red Maple Reading Club
Clubs and Extracurricular Activities
- TrueSport School (pending)
- Spectator PULSE
- Trips: Annual Ski Trip, Camp Wenonah, Montreal, Toronto
- Math Club
- OELC attendees
Our School Plan
Use feeder schools’ DRA & EQAO to inform instruction
Literacy, Numeracy, Technology & Science
Common Planning time for staff to participate in collaborative team planning and Teacher Moderation
Climate of High Expectations
- Kid Talk
- Increase engagement as a learning community through common planning times to work together within the school day whenever possible.
- Use technology to stimulate and support student engagement.
- Transitions: Feeder Schools to Ancaster Senior (Gr. 6 to 7), Ancaster Senior to Associated High Schools (Gr. 8 to 9).
- Global Awareness and support of Global Citizen initiatives (CANFAR, Adopt-A-Village, Tsunami Support, Run for Haiti, Anti-Poverty Task Force), Issues of Global Warming, Recycling)
Parent & Community Involvement
- Ancaster Senior receives strong support and shared responsibility from our school council and school community, in assisting our students to develop strong principles and values.
- Timely updates to the school website and posted daily announcments by the school to announce activities and events that are happening in the community and a School Council and H&S page.
- Ancaster Senior provides our community with evening access to gym and school facilities via HWDSB rental program.
- The education of our children is a partnership between the school, parents and the students themselves. Our Council strives to help develop this partnership by helping make the environment welcoming and by letting parents know that they can always come to Council if they have a school wide concern.
- Home and School and School Council works diligently to support and plan Grade 8 Graduation through fundraising, planning and execution of grad celebrations.
- Volunteers are a very valuable resource. Ancaster Senior relies on volunteers in a number of ways and we appreciate all the time parents contribute to our students’ endeavours. Parent volunteers are welcome additions to classrooms, library, co-curricular programs, out of school trips, fundraising among others. Please contact the school if you would like to volunteer.
Updated on Thursday, May 31, 2018.