Values and Beliefs
HWDSB Tag Line:
Curiosity Creativity Possibility
At ASPS we believe:
- all students can learn and be successful
- all students need to feel that they belong
- all students will put forth their best effort each day
- all students have gifts, they just open them on different occasions
- all students deserve to have a positive, caring relationship with administrators, staff, parents, and peers
- all students deserve to learn in a clean, safe and caring environment
As a community of learners, we will:
- be learners each and everyday
- foster excellence, and create equitable, engaging learning opportunities for all
- treat each other fairly, with respect and kindness and act in a responsible ways toward all members of the school community
- create together learning conditions that mirror the real-world and nurture inquiry, creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking
- use technology, tools and social media ethically, competently and effectively to enable and enhance the learning of all
Respectful Learning and Working Environments
All members of the school community shall:
Be respectful of others
- Treat one another with dignity, respect and civility, sensitivity and courtesy, especially when there is disagreement.
- Respect differences in people, their ideas, opinions and rights
- Be positive and thoughtful of others. Smile. Use words like please, thank you, & excuse me.
- Be polite and co-operate with bus drivers, traffic guards, caretaking staff and office staff.
- Be helpful to supply teachers. Greet visitors cheerfully.
Be respectful of the learning space
- Follow classroom and school-wide routines.
- Follow the instruction of the teacher. Stay on task. Ask a question if you need help.
- Understand and follow class, individual, partner and group learning expectations.
Be respectful to the school
- Show proper care and regard for Board property and for the property of others;
- Keep your building and school yard clean.
- Put litter in the trash cans. Recycle.
- Keep your belongings tidy.
- Return library and class materials to their proper places.
Be respectful of yourself
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Show pride in yourself. Dress neatly and suitably in uniform. Keep clean.
- Use appropriate language.
- Show others that you care about them, about your school, and about yourself.
- Come to class on time and prepared.
- Put forth your best effort and set goals.
- Come to school every day. Attend all classes. Be on time.
- Have equipment ready and homework completed.
- Do your best every day and catch up on any missed work.
- Keep your commitments to teachers, coaches, clubs and committees.
Be safety conscious
- Always be thoughtful of the safety of others and of yourself.
- Do your best to discourage violent acts or language which may cause injury or pain to anyone. Keep your hands to yourself.