- Fall Open House Events – Each campus will have its own date and time for the Open House Event. We encourage all potential Mohawk College students to visit the campus they may attend and speak to representatives about the programs.
- Spring Open House – Ask specific questions about the program you may be attending at the campus you will attend.
Questions about going to Mohawk College?
- Visit Mohawk College – Attend a “College Information Session” or book a tour at one of their campuses – call 905-575-2310 for details.
- Mohawk College Prep Programs – Not ready for a specific program just yet?
How can I find out which colleges offer the programs that I want?
Ontariocolleges – to find programs at various colleges.
Options for college have increased over the past few years. Colleges now offer:
- 1 year certificates
- 2 year diplomas
- 3 year advanced diplomas
- 4 year degrees
Resources for finding information on Ontario Colleges
The College Information Fair
The College Information Fair 2017 is set for Tuesday, October 24, 2017 (5:00 – 9:00pm) and Wednesday, October 25, 2017 (9:00am – 2:00pm) at the Enercare Centre, Hall B, Exhibition Place in Toronto. Colleges from across Ontario will be present to answer questions about their programs and admission policies.
College Information Program
College Information Program for students and parents. Mohawk will host all 24 colleges in Ontario as part of the College Information Program (CIP)
Event date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Event time -9:00 am – 12 noon
Location: Mohawk College Gym
Canadian College Guide
The Canadian College and University Guide contains information about colleges across Canada.
College to University Transfer Agreements
Some students will wish to attend both a college and a university to complete their post-secondary education and training. Use the following websites to find agreements that currently exist between colleges and universities (not all transfer possibilities are listed – contact the admissions office of the institution you wish to transfer to for information)
- Transfer from college to university: Ontariocolleges.ca has new information on transfer options
Financial Aid for College
Ontario Student Loans are available to students entering college and for students currently in college, who qualify. The process for assessment can be lengthy (10 weeks), so students are advised to apply for Ontario Student Loans as soon as they accept an offer of admission to college.
- OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) to apply for a student loan. Students will require financial information from parents as well as the cost of tuition, residence/transportation, additional program fees… All OSAP information will be handled through the Financial Aid Office of the college they will attend.
- OSAP Estimator will help determine what you will likely be eligible to receive in student loans.
- How to Apply to OSAP
- Canlearn website – created by the Canadian government to assist post-secondary students in saving for, planning for, and paying for a post-secondary education. Get information on Canada Student Loans, Provincial Student Loans, and Study and Access Grants.
Do College Graduates get Jobs??
Check out the Mohawk College Graduate Employment Report 2015.
- Metalworks Institute has 1 year, 2 year, or certificate programs for students interested in music performance and technology and those interested in various aspects of the music industry.
- Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts College (RAC) has 3 programs of study: Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media, and Game Design.
- The Ontario Institute of Audio Recodring Technology – OIART has many courses to train students in areas of audio engineering, including Recording Technology, Music Production, and Live Sound
- The Toronto Film School has programs in Film Production, Acting, and Film and Television Writing.
- The Arts Institutes has courses in the areas of design, fashion, media arts and culinary.
- Marca College – a NEW Hamilton location is coming soon.
- Bruno’s School of Hair Design – 1500 hour course focuses on specifics of modern hair design.
- Ontario College of Health & Technology: programs include Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Communications Dispatcher, Medical/Dental Office Administration
- Southern Ontario Dental College: programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Ancaster
- The Canadian Academy of Dental Health and Community Sciences :programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Mississauga
- Medix School: programs in Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Assistant, Community Service Worker, Personal Support Worker – in Brantford
- Stratford Chefs School – students are registered apprentices who train and attend classes through the school.
- Liaison College – several programs with a variety of training provided.
Performing Arts Colleges
- The Randolph Academy of Performing Arts in Toronto offers training in dance, vocal, and acting.
Multiple Diploma Options
- triOS College Canada offers programs in areas of business, technology, law, and health care.
- Westervelt College in London, Ontario provides programs in Business, Healthcare, Law, IT or the Service industry.
- The Academcy of Design Toronto offers diplomas in Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, Architectural Design, and Video Game Design and Development.