Follow us on Twitter @AHGuidance
Our Guidance Staff:
- Ms. C. O’Sullivan – Guidance Counsellor – ext 316 – Students with last names A-G
- Mr. S. Nicholson – Head of Student Services – ext 315 – Students with last names H-N
- Mr. T. Baker – Assistant Head of Student Services – ext 317 – Students with last names O-Z
- Mrs. M. DesRochers – Administrative Assistant – ext 320
- Mr. D. Taylor – IB Co-ordinator – ext 562
Students may make an appointment with their counsellor by visiting the the Student Services Office before school, during lunch, during their spare (senior students) or after school.
Student Services NEWS
- GRADUATION REMINDER 2018.doc – Use this Reminder Sheet to help plan for Graduation.
- Grad Gown rental fee $25.00 is now overdue.
- Students who have not completed requirements to graduate or to take part in the Graduation Ceremony will not receive their 2 tickets for guests to attend the Graduation Ceremony.
PSAT – Reserve a test for October 10, 2018
- Students who wish to write the PSAT (Practice SAT test) must see Mr. Baker in the Guidance office to reserve a test. The cost of the test is $25.00 due when the test is reserved. This test will help prepare students who plan to write the SAT (required for admission to many US Universities) in grade 11 or 12. The PSAT is for students who will be in grade 10 and 11 next year.
- Students who require course changes for 2018 – 2019 MUST book an appointment in guidance. Course changes will be allowed based on available space in each course.
- Final offers of admission will be coming out until May 28. Offers of admission deadline for acceptance is June 1, 2018.
- Offers of admission will continue on a rolling basis. Continue to check your Ontariocolleges application for new offers of admission.
Community and Continuing Education (CCE) – Hill Park Learning Centre
- Summer School – Regular and Online course information is now available.
- Night School – Graduating students should ensure that guidance knows of any Night School Courses in progress.
- Grade 8 Reach Ahead – Grade 8 students wishing to take a grade 9 credit this summer can take a Reach Ahead Course.
- NEW: the ILC (Independent Study Summer Program) will NOT be offered for July 2018.
Do you need help with your academics?
- Tutor Request Form (also available in Student Services) Please bring your completed Peer Tutor Request form to Student Services.
- Students who want to become a peer tutor can pick up a Peer Tutor Volunteer form in Student Services.
- 2017 Tutor List.xls please contact individual tutors for information on their experience, availability, and rates for service.
- Dr. Math -for assistance with math.
- Homework Help – for assistance with math.
- Study Skills Brochure
- Exam Preparation Resources
Parents requiring information on transportation for their child can check out the Transportation Department webpage, or contact Hamilton-Wentworth Student Transportation Services at: 905 – 523 – 2318 or 1 – 800 – 691 – 6402