Follow us on Twitter @AHGuidance
Our Guidance Staff:
- Ms. C. O’Sullivan – Guidance Counsellor – ext 4316 – Students with last names A-G
- Mr. S. Nicholson – Head of Student Services – ext 4315 – Students with last names H-N
- Mr. T. Baker – Assistant Head of Student Services – ext 4317 – Students with last names O-Z
- Mrs. M. DesRochers – Administrative Assistant – ext 4320
- Mr. D. Taylor – IB Co-ordinator – ext 5766
Students may make an appointment with their counsellor by visiting the the Student Services Office before school, during lunch, during their spare or after school.
Student Services NEWS
- University Application Tutorials have been completed. Any student still wishing to apply to an Ontario University MUST get their Application PIN in Student Services. Visit our University Information page for more information. The Ancaster High deadline to complete University Applications is December 14, 2018.
- ALL students who may be applying to Ontario Colleges must sign up for and attend a College Appplication Tutorial. These will take place on Wednesday, November 15 – each period in the Library, or Monday, November 19 at lunch in room 222. See our College Information section for more information. Ancaster High deadline to complete College Applications is December 14, 2018.
Community and Continuing Education (CCE) – Hill Park Learning Centre
- Summer School – Regular and Online course information will be available in May 2019.
- Night School – International Language Night School courses are now in session for semester 1, ALL OTHER Night School Courses for semester 1 have been cancelled. Check back in January for Night School registration and course offerings for semester 2.
- Grade 8 Reach Ahead – Grade 8 students wishing to take a grade 9 credit this summer can take a Reach Ahead Course.
- ILC (Independent Study Summer Program) will NOT be offered through HWDSB.
Ancaster High Information
Do you need help with your academics?
- Tutor Request Form (also available in Student Services) Please bring your completed Peer Tutor Request form to Student Services.
- Students who want to become a peer tutor can pick up a Peer Tutor Volunteer form in Student Services.
- 2017 Tutor List.xls please contact individual tutors for information on their experience, availability, and rates for service.
- Dr. Math -for assistance with math.
- Homework Help – for assistance with math.
- Study Skills Brochure
- Anxiety Coping Strategies
Parents requiring information on transportation for their child can check out the Transportation Department webpage, or contact Hamilton-Wentworth Student Transportation Services at: 905 – 523 – 2318 or 1 – 800 – 691 – 6402